Monday, October 15, 2007

because sometimes you just need to chill.

I feel like I've gotten so much new music lately. It just seems to be falling into my lap. And that's the way I like it to be, kids. For today: five songs guaranteed to complement your mellow mood.


1. Red Hot Chili Peppers - Tear

I've had the album By the Way since this summer, but I never got a chance to listen to the whole thing because I bought it at Unclaimed Baggage at the same time as about 3 other CDs so this one ended up on the back burner. This song came up the other day when I was shuffling my iPod, and it's like a bad habit. I can't stop listening to it. It's not typical RHCP, but it's so beautiful and something about the melody just grabs you. The lyrics are great too; I think they complement the tune perfectly.


2. Jars of Clay - Even Angels Cry

Good Monsters of theirs might be my favorite album right now. I can't pick a favorite song from it, but this is just that kind of song that you picture a guy singing to you and it melts your troubles away.
EDIT: I'm having technical difficulties uploading this one. I'll have it up tomorrow. :)


3. Brandi Carlile - My Song

It's angry but mellow at the same time. If you don't know how that's possible, you've never listened to Brandi before. Her album The Story is positively AMAZING and this is me begging you to check it out.

4. Counting Crows - Holiday in Spain

How did I not love the Crows before like, three months ago? Because they're amazing. This one's gorgeous.

5. Kelly Clarkson - Irvine

The only word I can use to describe this melody is haunting. I love her new album so much. It's really different than the older stuff, but I think that she's matured a lot and her music definitely reflects that. This is probably my favorite track, and there's a good hidden track-- very Kelly-- at the end too if you can stick it out. :)

No comments: