Monday, February 9, 2009

gross

Expect a post about my trip to New Orleans this weekend later today.  Right now, however, I just wanted to tell a fun little story from yesterday:

My friend Kara is staying with me for a few days before she has a med school interview here on Wednesday.  She and Liz were at my apartment yesterday afternoon and we were sitting in my living room.  I went into my bedroom because I had to make a phone call, and while I was laying on my bed, I noticed something strange in my pillow.  Not the pillow I sleep on, but the sham one.  The pillowcase is mostly white so I could kind of see through it, and there was something weird-shaped and brownish underneath it.  It looked like a dead bug, so I was kind of grossed out.  As soon as I got off the phone, I brought it in there and was like look at this, there's something in my pillow.  I figured it was a dead spider, and Kara (being awesome) offered to get it out for me because I was not sure I wanted to see my new friend that had been living inside my bedding.  As soon as she pulled back the pillowcase, however, an extremely shocked look came over her face.  

"You're not going to believe this," she exclaimed.  Well, now I'm even more freaked out.  "Is it a brown recluse?"  I asked.  Nope, it was not a brown recluse.  "Weirder," was the response.  Liz went and looked at it and was equally shocked.  Finally, I went to see what it was.  And friends... it was a lizard.  A dried up, dead baby lizard.  Inside my pillow sham.  It had been there for who knows how long.  I don't know why this grossed me out so much, because lizards are pretty harmless, and live ones don't freak me out, but I am kind of scarred from this one.  It was really creepy looking.  Its eyes were huge.  Kara got a picture of it on her camera, so I will upload it when I get a chance.  Also, I can't figure out how it got there.  This wasn't even a normal pillowcase where it could have just crawled in at the big open space at the end... the opening is on the back of the pillow and it's like an overlapping slit thing.  And the lizard was at the FRONT of the pillow.  So it would have had quite a journey to make just to suffocate to death.  What is going on? 

3 comments:

Kacie said...

Also, I would like everyone to note that this morning Allison asked me, "Guess what I found?", and I answered, "A lizard". I am a psychic.

Katie said...

EW what if it crawled on your face at night?!? have fun sleeping tonight...

Neal said...

2 things:
1) i feel really bad for the lizard
2) i may not be able to fall asleep tonight

thanks.