Saturday, February 21, 2009

This weekend, I received two pieces of amazing news.  

1. Friday night, Kara called me to let me know that she got accepted to medical school here at USA!  I'm so proud of her and excited!  She is awaiting a response from UAB before she decides where she will go, but I can imagine that she is so relieved to know that she will defintely be attending medical school.  And of course, I am putting in a good word for Mobile.  All the good words I can, actually.  (But seriously, she should go wherever she is happiest. Which would obviously be here.)

2. This afternoon, my best friend Erin called me to tell me that she is now ENGAGED!!  I am so happy for her and Gerrit, her awesome boyfriend who is now her fiancee.  (Weird.  I still feel like I'm not old enough to say that word.)  Anyways, I'm so so so happy for them!  I have known Erin literally my entire life, and ever since they started dating I think we all knew that this was the real thing.  Yay.  I just love weddings.  

In other news, I just watched the last of the Best Picture nominees.  Cutting it close, I know.  I thoroughly enjoyed The Curious Case of Benjamin Button.  I'm hoping to put up a post tomorrow with my predictions and a brief review of all of the Oscar nominees I saw.  But for now, it's time for an episode of 30 Rock, a bowl of ice cream, and my pillow.  I love bedtime.

P.S.  I should be banned from shopping.  Today I went to Target for groceries and came home with the latest Counting Crows CD and a new curling iron.  (It's really fancy!  And it was on sale!)

No comments: