Wednesday, May 6, 2009

It has been a really long time since I have written in here.  I apologize to any of you who may have been disappointed by this brief hiatus.  Medical school is not conducive to regular blogging.  A few life updates:

1. I will be (sort of) done with my first year tomorrow afternoon.  I'm actually not anticipating it as much as I thought I would be.  The hard part is already finished, and I'm going to be studying my least favorite subject for a big part of the summer (see #2).  Plus, I'm just so exhausted that I'm finding it hard to think more than a day ahead of time right now.

2. I failed histology.  This did not come as any great surprise; I knew from the first day that this was not going to be my class, and I was right.  I'm not as upset as I thought I'd be; I worked really hard and I think that I did everything I could have done.  I have to retake the course at Tulane this summer.  One other girl in my class will be taking it as well, and while I am very sorry that someone else was unfortunate enough to have this fate, it will be nice to have some company.  Five weeks in New Orleans can't be that bad, right?

3. On a somewhat more positive note, I have a new apartment for next year!  I filled out the application, and assuming my rental history checks out (let's hope the lovely landlords here at Robinwood have nice things to say about me... ha) then I will be moving into Cimarron Ridge on July 28th!  It's a really nice complex and I have heard nothing but wonderful things about it.  I am also very excited about having washer and dryer connections so I don't have to pay quarters or bum off of friends to wash my clothes.  (On a related note, if anyone has a washer and dryer they want to give/sell to me when I move, you would be my new favorite person.)  I'll have a little more space than I do now, and I am planning to paint my bedroom walls.  Hopefully this will be my home for the next three years!

I've got an ICM test in seven hours, so I need to hit the sack.

No comments: