Tuesday, January 15, 2008

1.15.08 - london update #3

I never thought I'd be saying this, but production-wise, Lord of the Rings was the most amazing piece of theatre I have ever seen in my life. Just when I thought the special effects couldn't get any crazier, or the stage couldn't change any more, it did. I followed the plot pretty well the first act, but got kind of confused during the second. I expected to though, because I didn't know the story, and I loved the show so much that it didn't even matter.

We went to St. Paul's this morning. I don't think I've ever climbed that many steps to get to the top (it was around 500), and once we got up there it was raining and 70 mile per hour winds, but it was really cool to get to see the whole city. The cathedral is really beautiful too.

Another highlight of today was the Courtauld Gallery. Kelli and I weren't too excited at first about spending 2-3 hours in an art gallery, but it was AMAZING. There is nothing like being six inches away from a Monet or a Van Gogh. Although I think my favorite painter whose stuff we saw today was Seurat. It was really fascinating though. I'm officially a fan of Impressionism now.

Okay, it's 1:00 in the morning-- after the show tonight, we walked around for about an hour trying to find the Hard Rock Cafe, ended up giving up and going home and eating at KFC, but it was really late. So... good night!

No comments: