Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I was posed an interesting question a few days ago by my dear friend Kacie Jackson.  "If you could only listen to three songs for the rest of your life," she asked me, "what would they be?"

I was stumped.  Mystified.  I love making lists, even difficult ones, but if I could only listen to three songs for eternity, what would I choose?

Two of them were easy.  "Mrs. Potter's Lullaby" by Counting Crows and "Kathleen" by Josh Ritter are both no-brainers for me.  I've thought a lot about #3, but I just don't know what would make the cut!  I love the song "Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring," so that's a definite possibility.  I keep thinking of other ones, though.  Sufjan Stevens' rendition of "Come, Thou Fount" is tempting to include as well.

I asked a group of people about this the other day and got some interesting responses.  So I would like to pose this question to you, my faithful readers.  If you could only listen to three songs for the rest of your life, what would they be?  I am anxiously awaiting your responses.  You will not be judged.

3 comments:

Kacie said...

1. Walk Like a Camel,by Southern Culture on the Skids
2. Danger Zone, by whoever wrote it, so that I can refresh on gross anatomy
3. The Lamb Chop Theme Song.

Tricia said...

Boooo Kacie! That's going to be stuck in my head all day!

Liz said...

ohh I LOVE Come Thou Fount, I've never heard that version though. I think I'd listen to...

1. In Christ Alone-Adrienne Liesching
2. Bohemian Rhapsody- Queen
3. Clair de Lune- Debussy